Understanding Depression Summary
BELOW are the main topics we have covered in Understanding Depression, Section 2 of the Depression Learning Path. If you are not sure about any of them, you can check back now before progressing to Section 3, Treating Depression .
- The amazing new link between dreaming and depression and how this shows us the way forward
- Depression causes, and is caused by, particular thinking styles
- How we 'add meaning' to things and why this is important for depression
- How the Explanatory Style we use can most of bad events whilst discounting good ones
- The importance of tolerating uncertainty
- Why a realistic sense of control is key
- How and to spot All or Nothing, or Black and White Thinking and why it is dangerous
- The physical symptoms of depression and what causes them
- The cycle of depression. How depression works (diagram).
The Learning Path
- Depression Home
- Depression Learning Path
- Depression Recovery Program
- Anti-depressant Withdrawal
- Depression FAQ
- About Us
- Contact Us
Testimonials for the Learning Path
"I couldn't stop reading. The information was so clear and to the point. It made sense and it made me feel as if my feelings are valid. Your "self-help" information was great. Everything was consistent and well thought out."
"Reading the Learning path has really helped me to understand my depression to a degree I was unaware and it is written in a perfect format that is very simple to understand."