Depression Treatment Summary
- Exactly how depression works - a better understanding than most medical practitioners, counselors and therapists.
- What to look for in a depression counselor or therapist.
- How to avoid depression counseling that tends to worsen depression.
- What the research says about the best ways to treat depression.
- The side effects of the various antidepressants.
- How depression is diagnosed.
- What the signs and symptoms of depression are.
- What you can do now to help yourself.
(If you have arrived here without doing the rest of the Path, you can start here.)
We hope you have found this a useful resource in tackling depression. Below is a summary of the final section, but first, if you would like to download a free printable version of the Learning Path you can do so here:
Download the free Learning Path E-book
In the meantime, if you have a website, and you are able to help us get the word out by linking to us, that would be really appreciated.
- What the research says about drug treatments for depression
- Why drugs treat the symptoms of depression, rather than the 'causes'
- The differences between different types of depression medication
- How antidepressants work
- Whether controlling depression with drugs is a good idea in the long term
- The side effects of antidepressants
- Alternative treatments for depression - depression counseling and therapy
- What types of therapy and counseling to avoid
- The best therapy and counseling approaches for overcoming depression
- Self help for depression
- How to choose a good depression counselor or therapist
If you have any comments or questions, please email us. If you have found the site useful or have any suggestions, we'd love to know!